Thursday, April 25, 2013

1964 Studebaker Wagonaire - Daytona

 Photo Credits - GBZ

Ed Meyers just purchased this Stude Wagon and brought it into the shop for some upgrades and repairs. 

With the AC upgrade, I replaced hoses and modified the mounting bracket for the new compressor. I rewired the foo-barred controls for the air conditioner which could not work correctly the way they were wired. I also fabricated new AC bezel retaining rings. 

I installed a new/old stock factory AM/FM radio and a new high quality neodymium magnet speaker with the correct impedance. 

I eliminated the old fuel pump, installed an electric pump and added a return line. This system has an inertial cutoff switch that will shut down the system in case of an accident. I also fixed a power steering leak and repaired one of the radiator mounting brackets. I installed a new condenser and fabricated new condenser brackets.  Plus, added a sensor driven electric cooling fan that operates based on a pre-determined user setting. This fan also engages when the AC runs.  



This is the Brooks Stevens designed 1964 Wagonaire with the sliding rear roof. 


It now blows cold!

New fuel filter attached to engine compartment fire wall.



This is the driver's side inner fender array of relays and controls, which now includes fan and fuel pump controls.


No comments:

Post a Comment