Saturday, January 19, 2013

Rochester Carburetor Rebuild

Photo Credit - GBZ

Just finished rebuilding a Rochester for a client.
This is an electronic carb for later model Avantis.

Incorrect bowl cover gasket. The shape prevented primary metering rod movement. I completely disassembled all jets, check balls and cleaned them with carb cleaner. Cleaned out the carb body with cleaner, as well. Also cleaned solenoids and throttle position sensors with contact cleaner. I replaced the choke shaft seal. Reassembled the carb with all new gaskets and a new accelerator pump.

No comments:

Post a Comment